Why am I running for ABC Board?
I am running for ABCUSD Board of Education, Trustee Area 5 because the future of the district and schools is at stake. Our current board has not addressed the declining enrollment of students in the area, if we do not start planning and working with our local cities to address our aging population and decline of school age kids, our district as we know it will change drastically, and several schools will be in danger of closing their doors forever! This affects schools in the west side and TA5 more than others areas. I am running for the ABC Board to keep the schools open.
My 29 years of teaching and many years of service in my community have prepared me to help plan for the future of our school district by working with students, parents, teachers, the community, and cities' government. We all need to work together to come up with a plan to make sure our schools do not close!
My top priorities are:
1. Address declining enrollment ASAP. Schools will close if we don't.
2. Work with schools and community to improve all schools. Our home school should be as desirable as any other school.
3. Make sure no student stays behind. COVID-19 has brought new challenges to our education system.
4. Make Board meetings 100% accessible to the community. The Board works for the community.
5. Oversee the spending of the millions of dollars from the BB Bond. It's your money.
If elected, I pledge to serve the full term. I will not abandon the students by running for another elected position, and I will not ask to be appointed to anything that will leave Trustee Area 5 without representation. As a life long educator, I am only interested in serving the students. With your support, I'll make sure WE work together to address the above issues. I am not running as I, but as WE, I will always be your voice, and I will always put students first.